Kwon So Hee
- Campus : Shinchon
- Department : Department of Pharmacy
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel : 032)749-4513
- Office : Veritas Hall D 312
- Associate Professor at College of Pharmacy
- Laboratory of Chromatin Biology and Epigenetics (LCBE)
The most fundamental characteristic of all living things is that they can duplicate themselves. Thus, the beginning of all life phenomena is achieved by the precise expression of genes in the nucleus. The epigenome is a key mechanism of gene expression and is closely related to underlying life phenomena such as cell development, differentiation, growth, and aging. Our lab is working on gene regulatory mechanisms and regulatory protein networks that play an essential role in the maintenance and control of this genetic information. Also, abnormal expression of genes caused by abnormal epigenome regulation is emerging as an essential cause of intractable diseases such as various genetic diseases, nervous system diseases, immune diseases as well as cancer. In addition, we study cancer metabolism, which is the next generation anticancer target that can overcome the resistance of mutations because it targets the generality of metabolism to cancer regardless of gene mutation. This basic research will not only identify the disease chromatin code but also provide new epigenetic therapeutic targets and modulators for the treatment of the disease.
1. Epigenetic regulation of protein complexes that modify chromatin and regulate gene transcription (HDAC1/6/8, KMT1, KDM3/4, HP1, p53, Hsp90)
2. Identification and validation of novel epigenetic therapeutic target and new small-molecule inhibitors for epigenetic regulators
3. Identifying the novel histone/non-histone protein modifications that instruct chromatin organization and gene regulation (PTM)
4. Elucidation of the chromatin code in tumorigenesis and cancer metabolism through chromatin dynamics and development of disease control technique (Cancer epigenetics).
• Mar. 1995 – Feb. 1999: Sungkyunkwan University (School of Pharmacy), B.S. (Advisor: Jeung-Whan Han)
• Mar. 1999 – Feb. 2001: Sungkyunkwan University (School of Pharmacy), M.S. (Advisor: Hyang-Woo Lee)
• Aug. 2002 – Apr. 2007: University of Basel & Friedrich Miescher Institute for Biomedical Research (FMI), Switzerland (Department of Biochemistry), Ph.D.
(Advisor: Patric Matthias)
• May. 2007 – Jan. 2011: Stower’s Institute for Medical Research, Post Doc. (Advisor: Jerry L. Workman)